The Path to Return
Path to Return Volunteers Wanted
The Path to Return Committee and the Church Council would like to start the process to prepare the space and guidelines to open the GUMC doors for indoor worship*. Preparation will require many helpful hands for various tasks and responsibilities. Here is how YOU can help:
- Volunteer to recruit and train ushers, greeters, and others on guidelines to provide the safest environment possible.
- Volunteer to BE an usher and/or greeter
- Volunteer to alter the food pantry staging area before and after the worship service.
- Volunteer to remove hymnals and other items in the pews
- Remove all flyers and brochures from the area.
- Donate hand sanitizer and masks for use in the church
- Develop an online RSVP system for worship service
- Mark traffic flow on the floor
*Please note that, while we are beginning to make these preparations, the Church Council has voted that we will NOT be returning to in-person worship in our building until December, at the earliest—unless the COVID19 numbers make a significant decline before then. We simply want to be ready to act when it is deemed safe to return.